Friday 26 August 2011

Mossman Gorge, Kewarra Beach and Goodbyes

On our 2nd to last day with Twinnie and Drew up in Queensland, we decided to drive up to the Daintree Rainforest to visit Mossman Gorge. Although none of us had on sneakers (heck, I didn't even pack any to bring up there) we "hiked" (more like walking and climbed around on rocks) for a couple hours looking at the beautiful rainforest. And thanks to a lovely stranger, we also got the first of only 2 photos of all 4 of us together during Krissy and Drew's visit.



While on our wanders, we came across a bridge (also wobbly like the treetop walk) where we stopped to take some photos. I had the bright idea to jump around on the bridge during the photo Krissy was taking of Andrew and I but we didn't take into account the fact that she was also standing on the wobbly bridge so when we jumped she wobbled and the photo is all fuzzy. But it's pretty funny and you can tell we're smiling. It gave us some laughs for sure. Thanks for trying Krissy!



Here are a few more photos from our "hike" through Mossman Gorge. There were tons of big trees, gnarly roots and fun river rocks to play on.







After lunch at Daintree Village, we made our way back down past Port Douglas and onto Kewarra Beach Resort where Andrew and I stayed for our last night and Krissy and Drew are staying for the remainder of their holiday. We passed some beautiful scenery on the drive including sugar cane fields and banana trees.




When we got to Kewarra Resort, which is beautiful by the way, there was hibiscus iced tea waiting for us. Our luggage was taken to our rooms and then we were free to explore before dinner. It's a gorgeous resort and I was so jealous that Twinnie and Drew got to stay for another 4 days!




After a quick nap and unpacking we headed down to relax on the beach before the most delicious dinner ever! Tomato risotto... OMG. Yummo to the max. Anyway, Krissy and I got to the beach and saw this super cute photo op of the Andrews sitting together chatting away. We both looked at each other and said how awesome it is that our husbands genuinely like each other and enjoy spending time together. Not to get all mushy, but we are two very lucky girls to have two really great guys. We also enjoyed a bit o' frisbee! Brought me back to my days at Elon. Yay Ultimate! And at one point I turned around and saw my shadow next to Twinnie's an grabbed a shot. Now looking through the photos I realise that it's the only one I have on my camera of the two of us. I know Drew got some on his camera though. Way to save the Day Drewseph!





At our uber delicious last dinner together I asked one of the staff to take a photo. I'm glad I did because I think it's super cute and it's a nice memory for all of us to have of our time together.


Twinnie and the Andrews and I met up for breakfast the next morning and spent our remaining time together chatting and relaxing down at the beach with our books (or Ipad in A1's case.)



And then it was time to leave. Sad face. It was really hard to say goodbye because we had such a great time together and it's so rare these days to be able to spend that amount of time with any of my family and it's especially hard because we don't know the next time we'll be back in the U.S.. Not having a date is always hard. The ride to the airport was quiet and teary (which didn't help my already stuffy nose) but at least the flight home (although we were again surrounded by babies, one of which was screaming at the top of her lungs in the seat in front of us for an hour which set of the baby in the seat behind us and the one across the aisle from us... sigh) left us some beautiful sunshine to make me smile.





Twinnie and Drewseph, I know it was a long flight and a long way to come and we are SO glad you were able to come over for a visit. Thanks so much for your efforts to come over and see what our life is like here. It really means more than I can say. We had a blast with you and I hope that you enjoyed your holiday. I'm sure you've had a wonderful end of your trip up at Kewarra and I hope you found it relaxing and fun. We miss you already (particularly me... although I think Andrew enjoyed having a guy around to watch footy and cricket with) and can't wait til the next time we see you. Thinking of you guys! Love and miss you mucho.

No comments:

Post a Comment