Friday 26 August 2011

I Like My Fingers, Thanks!

After 4 days of bundling up in coats and scarves, we decided it would be a good idea to head to warmer weather. Our 4am wake up call to catch our 6am flight was a rude start to Friday morning which didn't improve on our flight with the world's most annoying parents letting their annoying small children kick the back of our seats the whole flight and changing a diaper in the seats (yuck!) rather than the toilets! Sigh...

It was worth it though when we finally arrived in sunny, warm Cairns and made our way to beautiful Port Douglas! We hired a car and drove the 50k to Port Douglas and stopped along the way to check out Hartley's Crocodile Adventures. Sweet!

We started off on a boat that took us out onto the water where they fed the gators off the side of the boat. The whole time I kept thinking of my new favorite show "Swamp People" (Troy is my favorite - "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeeeaah!") and how it was almost like I was out there fishing for gators except it wasn't really like that at all because I was in a caged boat not actually handling the gators... but it was fun to pretend. It was really pretty when we weren't focused on the gators themselves.







After our boat tour we went to the area of the park where they farm gators. It was kind of crazy seeing all the little gators together in pens. They told us that the pens are all smooth with no rough surfaces so as not to scratch up the gator skin!


We were also able to see a gator feeding later in the day. I think the guys that do this are crazy and you couldn't pay me enough money to get in that pen with those gators! Good thing we were sitting in seats behind the fences because these guys got way too close for my liking! I like my fingers thanks!



1 comment:

  1. Kato these pictures are wondeful, it looks like you all had such a fun time! Get ready to do all of these activities one more time when I come visit! :) :) :) I like the picture of the baby gators! Crazy.

    Kristi- only one article of Phillies clothing at a time please.

    ReplyDelete